Skip to main content

Happy Father's Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k



















Dear Dad,


I write this to you today because I love you so much. I have no greater gift to give you.

I wanted to tell you the awareness that I have gotten in this life because of the work I do and have done on myself.

When we were growing up, mom was a bit broken, hurt from past experiences. She caused a lot of upset, pain and discomfort to us all. I get she was hurting. But what I learned as child was appalling.

What I remember is that “you were to blame”. Therapist, counselors used to say that Dad was the problem. He was mean. They actually trained our minds to not love you or dislike you. It is horrifying to get those kind of signals.

So what I have learned is that everyone has behaviors that are less than loving when they are stressed, fearful, trying to survive this thing called life, with the less than useful tools given during childhood.

What the counselors did not tell us, was that everyone was broken, hurt by the past, not given enough love to be like Jesus or Buddha. All we ever needed was understanding and love. Yet they taught us to hate and to be afraid.

All you ever needed was love. We all did. We needed to be accepted in those times of fear and……. the crying out was, really, “can you love me when I am imperfect”. The Real Love practice I teach now, teaches we all just needed that kind of love.

I can’t go back to the days of my childhood. I cannot fix what I did. I was definitely taught from a victim perspective that you were a bad guy. Yes, I know you showed up angry, but you really needed love. We beat the crap out of you. We killed you and you just kept providing and loving us, No matter what. As I am writing this right now, I am filled with so much love for you and at the same time remorse. All I have is such a deep appreciation for who you really are, Perfect and loving. You are a child of the divine. God made you perfectly. Others treated you badly. I treated you badly. All you ever wanted was to feel our love. All you ever deserved was to be loved. I am crying right now, because I held this back and it’s time to tell you.

All I give you now is love, a healed heart, a new way of seeing and deeply loving you. I have been withholding this message for you for a few weeks. I regret that now. I should have told you earlier. I heard a song this last weekend. The words are included here for you. This made me understand that every day is precious and I could not wait another day to tell you how much you mean to me.

With all my heart….I wanted to tell you “in the living years”.


Happy Father’s Day!

Love Sharon


In the living years By Mike and the Mechanics





Every generation

Blames the one before

And all of their frustrations

Come beating on your door



I know that I'm a prisoner

To all my Father held so dear

I know that I'm a hostage

To all his hopes and fears

I just wish I could have told him in the living years



Crumpled bits of paper

Filled with imperfect thought

Stilted conversations

I'm afraid that's all we've got



You say you just don't see it

He says it's perfect sense

You just can't get agreement

In this present tense

We all talk a different language

Talking in defense



Say it loud, say it clear

You can listen as well as you hear

It's too late when we die

To admit we don't see eye to eye



So we open up a quarrel

Between the present and the past

We only sacrifice the future

It's the bitterness that lasts



So Don't yield to the fortunes

You sometimes see as fate

It may have a new perspective

On a different day

And if you don't give up, and don't give in

You may just be O.K.



Say it loud, say it clear

You can listen as well as you hear

It's too late when we die

To admit we don't see eye to eye



I wasn't there that morning

When my Father passed away

I didn't get to tell him

All the things I had to say



I think I caught his spirit

Later that same year

I'm sure I heard his echo

In my baby's new born tears

I just wish I could have told him in the living years



Say it loud, say it clear

You can listen as well as you hear

It's too late when we die

To admit we don't see eye to eye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER THREE by Greg Baer

CHAPTER THREE THE THIRD PRINCIPLE OF PARENTING When I’m Angry, I’m Wrong Because of their age and inexperience, children are naturally inconvenient in so many ways: • They’re always spilling stuff, falling down, making messes, and getting involved in all manner of “accidents.” • When they get ready for school, clean their rooms, prepare for bed time, or do anything else involving a time limit, they move at a slow and erratic pace rarely compatible with our own schedules. • They’re often unable to perform even the simplest tasks without help or supervision. • They incessantly make unnecessary noises in a wide range of both volume and pitch. • Frequently they are unable to clearly communicate their needs. • When they do express their needs, they are often insistent and demanding. They have no patience. • Everything they do seems to cost money. When we don’t feel sufficiently loved ourselves, these innumerable inconveniences often become more tha

Spritual Oneness

I am truly one in God with my partner.  There is no separation  between us in the good, bad, or the ugly.  There is so much beauty in the conflict we share.  Sometimes it's cutting, sometimes is slight, and sometimes is just down right stupid.  But the beauty of this dance is while I sit in the midst of chaos of misunderstandings and behaviors driven by perceived pain, I find peace.  I hear a higher calling for my goodness.  I hear the whisper of God every day, telling me that this is releasing me from the pain of my past and is calling me to a higher faith.  I recall 18 years ago Reverend Michelle did a sermon and spoke to my heart and changed my life.  She spoke of duality that is created by the pain in our minds.  She said there is no such thing as good or bad happenings in our lives, but everything has singleness of purpose, everything is for our higher good, God is in everything. She said, "It's not a freight train coming to run you over.  It's light at

I made a promise this year to make this Blog personal!

This is my first entry really telling the truth about myself and sharing on a different level than before. As I practice real love or just any spiritual practice I get Aha's that I would like to share and haven't really done that at a personal level as it pertains to me.  I went about two weeks ago to the doctor and found out I have shingles.  It's the chicken pox virus that stays in our body dormant through out our lives.  If it comes out later again, it shows up and transforms itself in a different way.  It is shingles.  I got it on my face.  I got it around my eye.  Left side.  The outside appearance of rash and itchy stuff is the first symptom.  The other symptons are non-visible.  The disease is nerv driven and causes a lot of pain.  Since it is near my eye, the doc told me it is "ocular" shinlges and I could loose my eye.  He told me the pain is severe and some people have committed suicide because it messes with the brain and causes depression.  So