Skip to main content

High Heel Foot Prints

 

High Heel Foot Prints


I met an older Polish woman in a blood lab of all places.  I was waiting to get some blood drawn.  She was very elegant, although her body had clearly shown signs of the years gone by.  Much as you can imagine by the image shown here.  Her whole body was failing her. 


She had on very fashionable clothes with a glitzy hair comb in her hair.  You could tell that she tool a lot of pride in her looks as her make up was applied with great care.  He outfit was stunning. 

She walked with a cane and sat down across the room from me. 

I noticed that she kept staring at me.  I was dressed up with makeup on and in high heels, a long skirt and a top that made me look very curvy and classy. 

I was reading a magazine and she whispered to me, "miss, miss.....you are very beautiful, so beautiful".   I thanked her and moved across the room to speak to her. 

I sat next to her and she admired my high heels and told me stories about how she used to have 100's of shoes.  Yes, that was her glamour.  She adored my heels.  She told me that her son would not let her wear them anymore.  She showed me her cane.  I nodded that I understood.  We were two women who instantly understood each other.  We came from the same mold.  She was withered with time but she was still a woman. 

I asked her what size her feet were.  She had on socks with some slip on shoes and her ankles were obviously in pain and swollen.  She was taken back by my question as I took off my shoes. 

She continued to tell me that over the years she has many ailments that made her unsteady and that is why her son took all her shoes away. 

And I said, "Would you like to try on my shoes, we are the same size?  Your son is not here right now."

She lit up like a little Cinderella as I gave her my slipper.  She tried on the shoe and lifted herself off the chair.  She stood with the elegance of a woman who had been born in high heels.  My heart just opened wide and I teared up.

She took a few steps and smiled at me.  She said, " I promise that I don't have any disease in my feet.,"  kind of apologetically because you could tell they had lived a lot of years and were not pretty anymore. 


I told her I was not worried.  Just seeing her light up was all I cared about.  She sat back down and said that the was one of the best days she had had in years.  She said "you are an angel".  For a moment, the gift she gave me was her excitement about the little things in life.  I felt like a fairy princess with her, along side of her. 

She was Polish, was in WW11 and was orphaned at 8 years old.  She was a miracle.  She shined for me in that moment.  As I heard my name called and I bid her farewell, I knew in my heart I wanted to grow up to be just like her. 

Her son doesn't let her drive anymore.  She passed her last driving test last year, but alas he took her keys away.  He just wants what's best for her. 

I gave her my card and invited her to Christmas at our house.  I truly hope to see her again. 

She shared openly and wholeheartedly.  Very few people can touch you so quickly and leave a footprint.  And I am sure she has left many foot prints, high heel foot prints.......







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER THREE by Greg Baer

CHAPTER THREE THE THIRD PRINCIPLE OF PARENTING When I’m Angry, I’m Wrong Because of their age and inexperience, children are naturally inconvenient in so many ways: • They’re always spilling stuff, falling down, making messes, and getting involved in all manner of “accidents.” • When they get ready for school, clean their rooms, prepare for bed time, or do anything else involving a time limit, they move at a slow and erratic pace rarely compatible with our own schedules. • They’re often unable to perform even the simplest tasks without help or supervision. • They incessantly make unnecessary noises in a wide range of both volume and pitch. • Frequently they are unable to clearly communicate their needs. • When they do express their needs, they are often insistent and demanding. They have no patience. • Everything they do seems to cost money. When we don’t feel sufficiently loved ourselves, these innumerable inconveniences often become more tha

Spritual Oneness

I am truly one in God with my partner.  There is no separation  between us in the good, bad, or the ugly.  There is so much beauty in the conflict we share.  Sometimes it's cutting, sometimes is slight, and sometimes is just down right stupid.  But the beauty of this dance is while I sit in the midst of chaos of misunderstandings and behaviors driven by perceived pain, I find peace.  I hear a higher calling for my goodness.  I hear the whisper of God every day, telling me that this is releasing me from the pain of my past and is calling me to a higher faith.  I recall 18 years ago Reverend Michelle did a sermon and spoke to my heart and changed my life.  She spoke of duality that is created by the pain in our minds.  She said there is no such thing as good or bad happenings in our lives, but everything has singleness of purpose, everything is for our higher good, God is in everything. She said, "It's not a freight train coming to run you over.  It's light at

I made a promise this year to make this Blog personal!

This is my first entry really telling the truth about myself and sharing on a different level than before. As I practice real love or just any spiritual practice I get Aha's that I would like to share and haven't really done that at a personal level as it pertains to me.  I went about two weeks ago to the doctor and found out I have shingles.  It's the chicken pox virus that stays in our body dormant through out our lives.  If it comes out later again, it shows up and transforms itself in a different way.  It is shingles.  I got it on my face.  I got it around my eye.  Left side.  The outside appearance of rash and itchy stuff is the first symptom.  The other symptons are non-visible.  The disease is nerv driven and causes a lot of pain.  Since it is near my eye, the doc told me it is "ocular" shinlges and I could loose my eye.  He told me the pain is severe and some people have committed suicide because it messes with the brain and causes depression.  So