Skip to main content

Wise men speak out on Love!

Can a person feel loved by incoming calls?

Yes, it is possible to feel someone's love via a phone message. Imagine how you would feel, for example if you heard this message on your voicemail: "Hi, Sharon! I was thinking about you at this very moment and wanted to express what a blessing you've been to me. Thanks for teaching and showing me RL."

But your heart is open to such expressions of love, gratitude and appreciation. You can recognize happiness when you see or hear it. You're accepting of the nature of love, its power to heal your own life, and the peace it can bring.

Someone with a pride-filled and hardened heart, however, won't feel anyone's love for as long as they choose to push it away regardless of the medium.

Persistent attempts to smother the hard-hearted with "love" only hardens their resolve to be 'right' because fundamentally we are refusing to accept their choice in that moment to refuse love.

Our constant efforts to change their decisions becomes a source of irritation for them and they only dig their heels in deeper in fighting to hold their ground.
If you model unconditional ACCEPTANCE and don't force what you know to be true and priceless on anyone, this will allow the resistor to 'stew in their own juices' and experience how isolated and alone it will be to reject whatever love is offered. Never stand in the way of someone's 'rock bottom' as it only delays their eventual awakening' is a valuable piece of advice shared with me by a wise person.

Perhaps loving our partner is accepting him as he is with the knowing that we all can choose to learn our life's lessons the hard way, or from the mistakes that others make.

Either way we are destined to learn. It is only for infants and toddlers that we are obligated to make choices for others, but only until they have an appreciation for a particular consequence. We don't allow the immature and incompetent to play with loaded firearms. Adults are allowed to screw up their lives ad nauseum...and we simply love 'em through their learning curves.

There is a very fine line between loving someone and clinging to them--and guess who gets to make that call? It comes down to everyone's perceptions and expectations, doesn't it.

Are we full or empty (needy)? Open or closed? Receptive or resistant? Optimistic or pessimistic? Donkey (Shrek) or Eyore? Accepting or dismissive? Living or dying, metaphorically-speaking.

Emptiness and fear is the source of highly predictable behaviors--when you drown you choke, gasp, and behave in crazy ways. When 'drowning' is preferred to love, however, that is pure selfishness to the nth degree. Everyone else becomes an IT, and an IT is simply an object there to facilitate my selfishness or IT stands in the way of me getting what I want. Or if IT does nether, IT isn't worthy of my time or attention. I move on.

Sad way to live because I am emotionally autistic and unable to really connect with people. Empty, alone, and terrified when I'm not milking an IT for Imitation Love.

-Andy Carillo, CRLC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER THREE by Greg Baer

CHAPTER THREE THE THIRD PRINCIPLE OF PARENTING When I’m Angry, I’m Wrong Because of their age and inexperience, children are naturally inconvenient in so many ways: • They’re always spilling stuff, falling down, making messes, and getting involved in all manner of “accidents.” • When they get ready for school, clean their rooms, prepare for bed time, or do anything else involving a time limit, they move at a slow and erratic pace rarely compatible with our own schedules. • They’re often unable to perform even the simplest tasks without help or supervision. • They incessantly make unnecessary noises in a wide range of both volume and pitch. • Frequently they are unable to clearly communicate their needs. • When they do express their needs, they are often insistent and demanding. They have no patience. • Everything they do seems to cost money. When we don’t feel sufficiently loved ourselves, these innumerable inconveniences often become more tha

Spritual Oneness

I am truly one in God with my partner.  There is no separation  between us in the good, bad, or the ugly.  There is so much beauty in the conflict we share.  Sometimes it's cutting, sometimes is slight, and sometimes is just down right stupid.  But the beauty of this dance is while I sit in the midst of chaos of misunderstandings and behaviors driven by perceived pain, I find peace.  I hear a higher calling for my goodness.  I hear the whisper of God every day, telling me that this is releasing me from the pain of my past and is calling me to a higher faith.  I recall 18 years ago Reverend Michelle did a sermon and spoke to my heart and changed my life.  She spoke of duality that is created by the pain in our minds.  She said there is no such thing as good or bad happenings in our lives, but everything has singleness of purpose, everything is for our higher good, God is in everything. She said, "It's not a freight train coming to run you over.  It's light at

I made a promise this year to make this Blog personal!

This is my first entry really telling the truth about myself and sharing on a different level than before. As I practice real love or just any spiritual practice I get Aha's that I would like to share and haven't really done that at a personal level as it pertains to me.  I went about two weeks ago to the doctor and found out I have shingles.  It's the chicken pox virus that stays in our body dormant through out our lives.  If it comes out later again, it shows up and transforms itself in a different way.  It is shingles.  I got it on my face.  I got it around my eye.  Left side.  The outside appearance of rash and itchy stuff is the first symptom.  The other symptons are non-visible.  The disease is nerv driven and causes a lot of pain.  Since it is near my eye, the doc told me it is "ocular" shinlges and I could loose my eye.  He told me the pain is severe and some people have committed suicide because it messes with the brain and causes depression.  So