Skip to main content

What do you speak? English or Spanish?













Over the years I have seen trends that occur over and over.  People read the real love book and like the principles, but without practice nothing changes.  This practice is vital.  We cannot change unless we find more love for ourselves.   That takes "truth>seen>accepted>love.  This takes practice.  Most people believe they are very "truthful".  As Greg points out, truthful about other's is not the way to find love for ourselves. 

I grew up being taught an emotional language that was very dysfunctional.  I will call it "English".  I learned a new language with real love practice.  I will call it "Spanish". 

Reading the Real Love book is like reading a book that tells us about "Spanish".  I could not learn the language by reading about it.

This is a really hard way to learn a new language.  I have actually, for many years and after many attempts of study and practice to learn the real language of Spanish, learned that unless I am immersed in the language, I could not retain it.  So it is with this new emotional language of Real Love. 

So I watch people try to practice and learn Real Love.  Some make a call every once in a while or go to a group occasionally.  This is like taking a weekend trip to Mexico and conversing with the shop owners and cafe owners and expecting to be proficient in the language.  It never worked for me. 

I realized that I needed to move to Spain and immerse myself in this new language to learn it. 

As I moved to Spain, I began to learn that there was a whole new world, a culture that I had never experienced.  I found that in Spain there were loving people who were happy joyous and free.  I decided to stay.

I found, in that journey, that my son was miserable with moving there.  He went kicking and screaming.  I was taking him out of everything he had ever known.  I told him he would leave behind everything he knew,  his high school, his friends and he would be immersed into a whole new culture that was foreign to him.  It would be normal that he would resist.  Metaphorically, I was dragging him to Spain.  He was not a happy camper.  He told me I was stupid and he wanted to go back home. 

But as we stayed longer and longer in Spain, he got more comfortable as he saw that the language was one that served his happiness more and more.  The people who loved him began to replace the old ones left behind.  It took time but he learned Spanish.  He is relatively fluent now. 

I experience people having the same resistance.  I see that the little girls and boys inside all of us, even when me make a choice to move, that they go kicking and screaming.  The adult inside all of us have to keep making the daily decision to stay in Spain while the little kid inside screams for the old ways of English (imitation love). 

So battled with the love ones who don't want to move and the little kids inside us who are kicking and screaming, (metaphorically moving to a new country and leaving "home" behind) it is not the easiest journey to take.  But understanding that immersion is the only way you can really learn a new language, makes it much easier to get to the destination quicker.  "Dabbling", as Greg puts it, is like listening to some CD's of the Spanish language in your car and expecting to be proficient in the new language and live in a happy "Spain". 

Countless people come in to real love and they read the book.......

Never knowing what it is like to live in Spain.

Are you ready to move to Spain?  Do you really want to change your life?  Immersion is the key!

Love Sharon










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER THREE by Greg Baer

CHAPTER THREE THE THIRD PRINCIPLE OF PARENTING When I’m Angry, I’m Wrong Because of their age and inexperience, children are naturally inconvenient in so many ways: • They’re always spilling stuff, falling down, making messes, and getting involved in all manner of “accidents.” • When they get ready for school, clean their rooms, prepare for bed time, or do anything else involving a time limit, they move at a slow and erratic pace rarely compatible with our own schedules. • They’re often unable to perform even the simplest tasks without help or supervision. • They incessantly make unnecessary noises in a wide range of both volume and pitch. • Frequently they are unable to clearly communicate their needs. • When they do express their needs, they are often insistent and demanding. They have no patience. • Everything they do seems to cost money. When we don’t feel sufficiently loved ourselves, these innumerable inconveniences often become more tha

Spritual Oneness

I am truly one in God with my partner.  There is no separation  between us in the good, bad, or the ugly.  There is so much beauty in the conflict we share.  Sometimes it's cutting, sometimes is slight, and sometimes is just down right stupid.  But the beauty of this dance is while I sit in the midst of chaos of misunderstandings and behaviors driven by perceived pain, I find peace.  I hear a higher calling for my goodness.  I hear the whisper of God every day, telling me that this is releasing me from the pain of my past and is calling me to a higher faith.  I recall 18 years ago Reverend Michelle did a sermon and spoke to my heart and changed my life.  She spoke of duality that is created by the pain in our minds.  She said there is no such thing as good or bad happenings in our lives, but everything has singleness of purpose, everything is for our higher good, God is in everything. She said, "It's not a freight train coming to run you over.  It's light at

I made a promise this year to make this Blog personal!

This is my first entry really telling the truth about myself and sharing on a different level than before. As I practice real love or just any spiritual practice I get Aha's that I would like to share and haven't really done that at a personal level as it pertains to me.  I went about two weeks ago to the doctor and found out I have shingles.  It's the chicken pox virus that stays in our body dormant through out our lives.  If it comes out later again, it shows up and transforms itself in a different way.  It is shingles.  I got it on my face.  I got it around my eye.  Left side.  The outside appearance of rash and itchy stuff is the first symptom.  The other symptons are non-visible.  The disease is nerv driven and causes a lot of pain.  Since it is near my eye, the doc told me it is "ocular" shinlges and I could loose my eye.  He told me the pain is severe and some people have committed suicide because it messes with the brain and causes depression.  So