Skip to main content

Dating a dud? Why?

Most of us at one time or another have been faced with the idea of “I am single…AGAIN!” With divorce rates in the toilet and the blame game running rampant, most people have turned to friends, colleagues, parents, grandparents and even expensive dating professional match making companies for advice. And you know what? Most people are still stumped, dumbfounded and deeply discouraged.  

We are met with all kinds of advice including an old favorite book I read years ago call “The Rules”. In the book it lists 35 rules that women who want “marriage, in the shortest time possible” are supposed to follow. As a blogger, Kristin Warkentin, wrote in her blog, “that  written in the 1990’s, it included  advice that was both basic and whimsical, like advice from a well-meaning but slightly unhinged 90-year-old great aunt, offering one of those “pep talks” that actually make you feel worse, rather than better. (“Well you’re no Angelina Jolie, dear, but with the right wardrobe, a more feminine haircut, about 10 fewer pounds, and some minor plastic surgery, there’s no reason you couldn’t convince a man to ask you out.”) There is a kind of old-world charm to it, but really? Thank God we have evolved past asking our 90 year old great aunt. 

Feeling deeply discouraged by advice of how I needed to change myself, I too felt that this was never going to do anything but make me feel even worse about myself.

Then “The Five Love Languages” came out. Revolutionary in it new way of thinking and identifying how we see, give and perceive love. But that still didn’t help. It just continued the cycle of manipulating a relationship in hopes that it worked. “If I give you more of this or that it will fill that empty hole in your heart and then you will love me more.” This book actually helps tremendously to understand yourself and your “other” in a real practical way. But it still leaves the reader believing that you needed to be in performance mode to "get love". 

Most people are still in a mystery as to how to find love, what it really means and how radical responsibility for our own healing plays into the understanding of how to find a partner. 

If you are ready and willing to be in the conversation, then join us each Friday night, 6 PM Arizona time, to talk about how we need to practice looking within, being honest about who we really are, drop all the facades and actually take the right steps to educate ourselves about having a conscious relationship built on connecting through curiosity and giving up the old cliché “You complete me”. 

 Join us by zoom.

· We use zoom so you will have to have it downloaded on your computer or device.

· At the time of the meeting click this link: https://zoom.us/j/3701532452
Cost you ask? ZERO… Just join in.

Please join us with dating expert Sharon Winningham, ULLC and Founder of Loving-Groups.org.


Sharon A Winningham is an Unconditional Loving Life Coach (ULLC) who has a private practice teaching and coaching people from all over the world applying the life changing principles of Unconditional Love. Sharon does private one on one coaching, interventions and retreats. Sharon has been coaching, training and facilitating Loving Groups since 2005. Her practice includes personal and group sessions specializing in conflict resolution, marriage, parenting, workplace issues, depression, addictions, dating, anger, and teens. She teaches classes and workshops in all areas of relationships. She lives with her partner David Clark, ULLC, who is also a life coach. She is a trained Facilitator for Safe Conversations by Harville Hendrix and is the Director/Founder of Loving-groups.com, Inc.,  a 501(c) 3 Corp. non-profit. www.Loving-Groups.org. An expert in the field of unconditional love, she brings years of life experience and a passion that shines through in a very direct and meaningful way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER THREE by Greg Baer

CHAPTER THREE THE THIRD PRINCIPLE OF PARENTING When I’m Angry, I’m Wrong Because of their age and inexperience, children are naturally inconvenient in so many ways: • They’re always spilling stuff, falling down, making messes, and getting involved in all manner of “accidents.” • When they get ready for school, clean their rooms, prepare for bed time, or do anything else involving a time limit, they move at a slow and erratic pace rarely compatible with our own schedules. • They’re often unable to perform even the simplest tasks without help or supervision. • They incessantly make unnecessary noises in a wide range of both volume and pitch. • Frequently they are unable to clearly communicate their needs. • When they do express their needs, they are often insistent and demanding. They have no patience. • Everything they do seems to cost money. When we don’t feel sufficiently loved ourselves, these innumerable inconveniences often become more tha

Spritual Oneness

I am truly one in God with my partner.  There is no separation  between us in the good, bad, or the ugly.  There is so much beauty in the conflict we share.  Sometimes it's cutting, sometimes is slight, and sometimes is just down right stupid.  But the beauty of this dance is while I sit in the midst of chaos of misunderstandings and behaviors driven by perceived pain, I find peace.  I hear a higher calling for my goodness.  I hear the whisper of God every day, telling me that this is releasing me from the pain of my past and is calling me to a higher faith.  I recall 18 years ago Reverend Michelle did a sermon and spoke to my heart and changed my life.  She spoke of duality that is created by the pain in our minds.  She said there is no such thing as good or bad happenings in our lives, but everything has singleness of purpose, everything is for our higher good, God is in everything. She said, "It's not a freight train coming to run you over.  It's light at

I made a promise this year to make this Blog personal!

This is my first entry really telling the truth about myself and sharing on a different level than before. As I practice real love or just any spiritual practice I get Aha's that I would like to share and haven't really done that at a personal level as it pertains to me.  I went about two weeks ago to the doctor and found out I have shingles.  It's the chicken pox virus that stays in our body dormant through out our lives.  If it comes out later again, it shows up and transforms itself in a different way.  It is shingles.  I got it on my face.  I got it around my eye.  Left side.  The outside appearance of rash and itchy stuff is the first symptom.  The other symptons are non-visible.  The disease is nerv driven and causes a lot of pain.  Since it is near my eye, the doc told me it is "ocular" shinlges and I could loose my eye.  He told me the pain is severe and some people have committed suicide because it messes with the brain and causes depression.  So